Sunday, February 28, 2010

Snow in Dallas

A few weeks ago we got the most snow Dallas has had in 30 years! A few inches... in some parts of they got almost a foot. With no snow plows that creates a bit of a problem, but luckily it didn't get too icy. We had to take advantange of the snow like everyone else and build a snowman. Since it was Valentine's weekend we made a valentine snowman. Adriana added the ear on one side all by herself. We also tried to catch a few flakes in our mouth. It was a lot of fun and the snowman lasted about a week so that's pretty good. I have never seen so many snowmen in my life at one time. Everyone knew this was probably their only chance to make one for maybe the next 5 years so there were all types at almost every house. Here are a few pictures of ours.







I have to include a few of Adriana, of course. She has loved to help in the kitchen as well as sample a few of the makings.



She also likes to "sleep" in our bed and has tons of fun with the covers and pillows. Is she ready for a big bed?? She'll have to give up her crib soon enough.


Just a bit about the twins. We're all growing and they are each about 3 lbs. so it's looking good.

3 comments:

Enrique and Lindsay said...

I love her gorgeous blue eyes!!

Ben said...

Watch out, the snowmen might take over and they'll make a movie about it, like the machines on terminator. "Snowmen: the Apocalypse"?

Emily said...

I love your snowman (and so does Kathryn). Adriana's little apron is so cute too. I'm sure she's a big help to you ;)