I'm getting bored with my itunes selection and need some new music. Since we've been out of the country for awhile I only know the recent Mexican music... which I've become a fan of. Please tell me your favorites from the last year and a half so I can get all caught up. One of our favorite bands is Mana which you may have heard of. They actually came to Monterrey while we were there! We didn't find out about it until the week of the concert so it was already sold out, but we decided to go anyway and see if we could get scalper tickets. They were going for an outrageous price and we decided not to fork out the money. So instead we listened from outside for a little bit and bought a T-shirt. This was when I was 8 months pregnant so I looked kind of funny holding a small shirt up to my big belly wondering if it would fit.Anyway, please share your favorites so I can add them to mine!
10 comments:
I've been a huge fan of Coldplay and I love their new album that came out this year, Viva La Vida. Also, Radiohead has a pretty good album out recently too. It's called In Rainbows. There's another band that we discovered recently called The Silent Years. We have one of their albums (I can't remember what it's called) but it's good. London even loves it. I'm also a fan of The Postal Service. Have fun finding more music!
COLDPLAY for sure! Natalia has fun dancing to RIHANNA & LADY GAGA (good beats to dance or workout too). I personally have enjoyed listening to JOHNNY CASH & PAUL POTTS recently. If you want to stay with the Mexican culture VICENTE FERNANDEZ is the best (by a mile)... but you can always listen to GLORIA TREVI (pelo suelto) ;)
p.s. There's nothing like 80's music!
One of my favs in Pink Martini. Scott and I discovered them when we were living in Utah and they shared a concert with the Utah Symphony. You can't help but dance.
Andy just ordered that Mana CD pictured on your blog...how funny! I wish I had some suggestions for you...I stick with the old stuff because I'm an old lady. Congratulations on the house as well! How exciting! Rebecca
check out pandora.com. its an online radio where you make your own stations by starting out with an artist or song and it finds similar ones for you. i find lots of great new stuff on there!
William Fitzsimmons - The Sparrow and the Crow (album)
Rosi Golan - Hazy (feat. William Fitzsimmons)
Joshua Radin -
Brand New Day
Friend Like You
Sky
The Fear You Won't Fall
Winter
Closer
Everything'll Be Alright
etc.
Rascal Flatts
Thanks for all the good suggestions! I'll check them out.
I know I'm a little late, but I totally agree about Coldplay and pandora. My latest fav is Ms. John Soda. I also like Bishop Allen. See what you think! I love new music. This was a great entry for me to check out some new places for music too. Thanks!:)
Pandora is pretty cool, you've probably tried that out by now. If you want more spanish-language music start with "Juanes" and "Julieta Venegas", two awesome artists with a lot of popular songs. In English I think you would really like Elliot Morris, Guster, Neil Diamond, Johnny Cash, Collective Soul, Dave Matthews Band, Rascal Flatts, Jack Johnson, and I could go on. Let me know if you want specific song suggestions from any of those artists.
Thanks for the ideas Ben. I became a Juanes fan in Monterrey, my favorite song is "Gotas de agua dulce." I'll have to check out the other artists you suggested. I know I already agree with you on Dave Matthews (if only I could play violin like that), Rascal Flatts, and Jack.
Post a Comment